Short Term Disability (STD)
Empowering employers to determine the benefit level that fits budgetary considerations as well as their employees’ needs, group STD insurance offers eligible employees income protection insurance coverage at competitive rates. Benefits under STD plans partially replace income lost as a result of an employee’s non-occupational accident or illness. Employers determine plan details such as waiting periods and benefit durations.
Features of STD plans may include:
- Coverage for non-occupational sickness, mental illness, substance abuse and pregnancy
- Partial and residual benefits
- Recurrent disability benefits
- Multiple causes of disability benefit
- Vocational rehabilitation or rehabilitative employment benefits